INDIA! The mother of spirituality, A home to millions, the oldest civilization, the country with its infinitely deep roots of tradition and culture and a phenomenal understanding of Human mind and human values. A beautiful land with beautiful people.
So many conflicts, corruption and poverty but I am still utterly Grateful for the fact that I was born in India. What makes it great? what makes it withstand all the problems that it is facing since years? of course its spiritual heritage..Thousands of years of meditation done by thousands of the greatest beings ever born on this planet has created that indestructible energy, such high prana in the whole environment that there is no problem that can ever defeat this nation.
The country which is the birth place of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, even if it only dreamt of Him is sure to reach the heights of success and prosperity in the near future.
It continues and will continue to shine in all its glory and also teach the whole world the true meaning of humanness.
Being an Indian means nothing but living that Indianness. What does that mean?
This is what it means (according to me)
1. Fighting with your neighbour and then talking to that same neighbour the very next day as if nothing has happened.
2. Standing in queues for hours and shouting very loudly at every unsuspecting individual whom you think is trying to ghusofy ( insert himself) in the same queue much ahead of you.
3. When you were a child you felt that Amitabh bachhan could do "ANYTHING".
4. You may not exchange plastic smiles with strangers but you live and die for your family and close friends.
5. You get used to everything and anything...from mosquitoes to terrorism. Nothing can beat you down.
6. You over eat ... everyday, and you love to feed people... even if they are full.
7. You love people. You have a very small house and yet you keep inviting all of them all the time.
8. With objects of absolutely any shape or size you can immediately start playing a game of cricket.
9. You have a "family doctor" and he first asks about the health of all the other members of your family before he looks for what is wrong in you. He comes to your house even at 2 in the morning in case there is an emergency.
10. You invite " EVERYBODY " to your wedding.
11. The sense of sharing is ingrained in your DNA. You share everything, your house, food, clothes, utensils, umbrellas, recipes, bank accounts, credit cards, etc etc.
12.You suffer from an inferiority complex if you are not good at bargaining.
13. You have an exceptionally strong faith in at least one of the 32 million deities. Your Faith is your strength and it takes you through all the hard blows of life.
14. You like movies that make you cry.
15. If you get married then most likely death is the only thing that can set you apart.
16. You love to eat, sing, dance and celebrate.
17. You have many friends: School friends, Junior college friends, senior college friends, tuition friends, coaching class friends, swimming/dancing/singing/drawing class friends, Building friends, office friends, local train friends, bus stop friends and the list is endless.
" You miss India whenever you are traveling or staying abroad no matter where you are and how comfortable or happy? you think you are. If you dont, then you have lost something very precious, that is the " Indianness ". You need to come back!