As I stepped in a school in Mumbai to teach my first Art Excel course I thought I am subjecting myself to be lovingly slaughtered by a bunch of 60 young little monsters. I was scared… obviously. Till then I was very much used to the basic courses that consisted of mostly sane, usually educated, (semi) civilized human beings.

I was not used to seeing course participants running in and around the course hall without any specific purpose. For the first time I had to face people complaining to me about getting pinched, punched, tickled, teased, hair pulled, kicked and other such creative activities being performed at irritatingly regular intervals. Even then I was quite used to giving intro talks but not on the first day of a course to a participant who is crying because his Mom has forced him into the course and feels that she has completely screwed up his precious vacation time.

I gave a break because “I” needed one.

On the last day of the course all the kids had put up a small program to be performed at the parents meet. With minimum assistance it was great to see the Focus and a sense of responsibility they showed to handle the entire show. The most shy kid was roaming about the stage as if its his bedroom, the most mischievous were the most responsible, the rebels were surprisingly co operating and everything had suddenly turned downside up!

We also had a satsang and a meditation (for the parents) at the end of the program. I was quite surprised to see all the 60 kids in absolute silence meditating for almost 20 minutes without opening their eyes!



Only because there was no drastic miraculous experience I failed to notice the unseen hand that was ultimately working even in that utter chaos. As the course ended the parents were happy, volunteers ecstatic and the children were in bliss.

Love
Rashmin


This entry was posted on 11:17 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

    YOGESH ( योगेश ) said...

    Nice ..Funny ..and refreshing...
    Why don't u teach Art Excel again :))

  1. ... on August 6, 2008 at 3:39 PM  
  2. Bhanuja Sharma said...

    arey wah! U rock bhai!

    I'm one big fan of urs!

  3. ... on August 28, 2008 at 4:40 PM  
  4. Anonymous said...

    jai gurudev bhaiya.
    i would love to do art excel if you take the course.

  5. ... on August 29, 2008 at 1:38 PM  
  6. Shruti Poojari said...

    nice 1.....jgd bhaiya

  7. ... on August 29, 2008 at 5:13 PM