"Om shanti shanti shanti", Guruji in His sweet voice chanted and few minutes later He asked us to open our eyes.

It was amazing and for me I could really relax effortlessly only after the chant. you know why? because only when the meditation was supposed to end I naturally gave up all efforts to meditate. That is when "meditation" happened.

The biggest obstacle in meditation is the thought "I want to meditate".

Guruji explains this secret of meditation with the most apt example. He says meditating is like going for a massage. Where you do nothing. Just let the person do his/her job. In the same way when you meditate just say," I am just going to sit with my eyes closed and Guruji you meditate for me".

Giving full permission to the mind to wander is the secret of getting it back in the present moment.

JGD
Rashmin


This entry was posted on 11:28 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

15 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Thanks so much for the great post. I've been searching for blogs like this now for 30 minutes and i finall found one
    that's worthwhile. I'm really into video games, do you have any information on the new Call of Duty? I know this
    is off topic, but I thought I'd ask. Thanks...oh also, I have some video game writings if you want to check them
    out. Here are a few of them

    Magic The Gathering Tournament
    Magic The Gathering Ravnica
    Play Video Games

  1. ... on January 26, 2010 at 2:48 AM  
  2. Unknown said...

    Superb!!

  3. ... on January 26, 2010 at 6:05 AM  
  4. Sreerag said...

    Jgd

    You get awesome pictures in your blog!! Its just simply amazing!

    Sreerag

  5. ... on January 26, 2010 at 7:25 AM  
  6. nands said...

    That is wonderful! :)

  7. ... on January 26, 2010 at 8:54 AM  
  8. vishal said...

    jgd bhaiya ....
    tht is too gud ..
    "give total permission to mind to wander" .. its really very deep
    jgd

  9. ... on January 26, 2010 at 3:15 PM  
  10. AparnA said...

    cool :)

  11. ... on January 26, 2010 at 6:39 PM  
  12. Blabber Guy said...

    "Giving full permission to the mind to wander is the secret of getting it back in the present moment"

    Really well said. That line itself sums up the whole post. It was an Aha moment.

    Jai Guru Dev,

    Mohan.

  13. ... on January 26, 2010 at 8:26 PM  
  14. Anonymous said...

    JGD! Thank you so much for posting what Guruji has said about Meditation,it helps immensly!!Keep posting what Guruji says!!Thanks again.

  15. ... on January 27, 2010 at 10:26 AM  
  16. Priyanka said...

    Wow!
    such a simple thing but so effective.I kept this in mind today while meditating..actually i dint keep anything in mind and then my meditation was really good..

  17. ... on January 28, 2010 at 1:24 PM  
  18. shilpa said...

    Thats so well written the simplicity and depth that u've shared is really v precious :)
    thanks

  19. ... on January 29, 2010 at 7:33 PM  
  20. vandana :) said...

    Thanx bhia:)
    You solved my problem:)
    you are SUPERB:)

  21. ... on January 30, 2010 at 10:24 PM  
  22. shaloo said...

    effortless meditation...awesome!!!

  23. ... on February 1, 2010 at 10:34 PM  
  24. vinod said...

    I too have experienced this... I felt sometimes meditation would start at the end of final chant " Ohm shanthi.."

    I Love this post....

    :-)
    Jai Gurudeva

  25. ... on February 2, 2010 at 2:16 PM  
  26. shilpa said...

    so true Rashmin and its so addictive I just love our dear dear Jeeves...

  27. ... on February 12, 2010 at 9:03 PM  
  28. Harish World said...

    Superb one..
    Love it..

  29. ... on May 18, 2010 at 4:25 PM