"What you say sounds really interesting but I am afraid I need to check my calender. I am really busy for the next few weeks may be till December. You may send a mail and I will discuss in the committee meeting happening in Nov 1st week. Any way thanks for calling. Wish you good luck.bye" This is how most of my conversations end after I have said what we generally say about our courses.

Everybody here lives as per plans that are made well in advance. Nobody is allowed to sneak in and interfere. So all my attempts of organising an Introductory lecture in the classroom or in any of the students organisations (there are 250) of the Oslo University have failed. Home intro talks?.. not yet fixed.

Every place holds its challenge as far as spreading this beautiful knowledge of the Art of Living is concerned. Every place that we go is an opportunity to "unlearn". As I like to say we are on a path where we need to keep refining and redefining what we call "being 100%".

In this super huge campus there are 30 thousand students. Its a strange feeling. I am here with something so precious but there hardly seems to be any way letting them know it! We have booked a small seminar room every wednesdays and fridays for an hour for the Intro talk. I am allowed to enter a class and with the lecturers permission talk for 2 mts max to invite people for the talk. This seems to be the only option left. Lets see what happens next...

Love
Rashmin


This entry was posted on 7:34 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

8 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Jai Guru Dev Rashmin ! When we tried to organize intro talks at my univ in US, we was greeted with empty rooms for weeks on end. Then we started organizing free yoga/meditation sessions. These buzzwords seemed to work really well and we got many students by word of mouth . We would do some yoga, followed by the "Gift Of Silence" meditation after which the students would be really ready to hear about the course. My 2 cents for what it is worth...of course you have much more experience .

    Jai Guru Dev,

  1. ... on September 23, 2008 at 10:49 PM  
  2. Vivek Barun said...

    Eager to see stories of your magic there too.

  3. ... on September 23, 2008 at 11:00 PM  
  4. Anonymous said...

    yesterday we had a follow up in shahapur, vaishali aunty told me you were in norway with guruji!! i told her i am following you ( through the blog at the moment, ofcourse i would love to be with guruji on a tour!)
    I told her that Bau always keeps saying in vol meets that if Dinesh da gives talks 80 out of 100 register, and if Rashmin goes then each person gets two that makes 300% turn out! She wasn't surprised and told me that in Dombivali once you gave some 36 talks...

  5. ... on September 24, 2008 at 12:19 AM  
  6. Anonymous said...

    some tips which work here in a US university...

    posting an ad here:
    http://oslo.craigslist.org/

    contacting yoga places in town, there seem to be many: http://maps.google.com/maps?q='yoga+in+oslo'

  7. ... on September 24, 2008 at 9:23 AM  
  8. Floyd said...

    @Anand ,

    In business terms Rashmin bhaiyya has a staggering conversions ratio ... Its really magic what you say about Rashmin

  9. ... on September 24, 2008 at 11:49 AM  
  10. Mayank said...

    I don't have any suggestions here for you right now, and being myself ON and OFF since the time i did my YES!+, I cant give you handy TIPS to crack the place there and do wonders like everyone expects you to. However, i don't know why, but i have this strange urge to message you right now that you need to stick to what you are doing and things are going to change very very soon.. sooner than you think. Now you might think I am pretty stupid, as I am right now telling a YES!+ teacher to stick to it, and my mind tells me that its pretty stupid for me to write this as well, but i don't know why i am doing this! I just have this urge to tell you that just keep on doing what you are doing.

    Good Luck!

    P.S. I have been following your blog for some time now, waiting very patiently for your posts. But I have to tell you that i love reading whatever you write, and please do keep writing. Don't feel lonely, I am with you.

  11. ... on September 24, 2008 at 9:35 PM  
  12. Abhay Karnataki said...

    I am sure you being so much like space, you will pass through and through of any walls of obstacles that you face!! :)

  13. ... on September 25, 2008 at 2:44 PM  
  14. Unknown said...

    it is so funny, i can actually imagine you there like they would show in the movies, standing in the middle and there are thousands of people around you. jokes apart, you are truly amazing to write and change the 100% and our whole viewpoint. please keep writing and we all pray for you there...Jai Gurudev!

  15. ... on September 26, 2008 at 2:26 PM