I was returning back home from an Introductory talk in a college. I was standing in a bus singing and humming. Till then I had never composed a bhajan nor did I intend to. After a few minutes I started "la la loing" something really melodious. It was something completely new and " fresh". Sounded very nice. I was sure I would forget it after I reach home so I recorded the tune in my mobile phone.

This is how "Hari Narayana" One of Guruji's favourite bhajans got composed. Imagine my utter excitement when I was sitting in a satsang and HE grabbed the mike and started singing "Hari narayan..narayana" in his typical style! Moreover I was listening to that bhajan in a satsang for the first time.

More than a year has passed and it still seems to be Guruji's favourite. Every time I used to hear HIM sing I felt great but the last time something different happened. As the whole of vishalakshi Mantap was immersed in the song along with Guruji I started feeeling very strongly... "this is not mine. Its just happened through me"

The very next day when HE was speaking on the Bhagvad Gita he told us the meaning of " Nirmama" which means "not me". He said, "All the misery one experiences in life is because of two things. Its either a "want" or the feeeling of "me". When someone abuses you, what is said is not disturbing but the fact that its being said to "ME" is the cause of pain." He further explained that when you do something genius or out of this world you will never think as if you have done it. You will always feel that it just happened through you."

By practicing Nirmama we would effortessly let the divine permeate in every aspect of our life.

Love
RAshmin


This entry was posted on 10:08 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

10 comments:

    Shruti Poojari said...

    wow mann!!!!!!!! what a wonderful explanation of NIRMAMA....feeling blissed out....thanq guruji..
    nd thanq bhaiya 4 posting it...
    jgd

  1. ... on September 6, 2008 at 11:09 AM  
  2. Bhanuja Sharma said...

    Jai Gurudeva bhaiya,

    Amazing d divine is! ...NIRMAMA is a perfect resolution to ego, i suppose!

  3. ... on September 6, 2008 at 7:02 PM  
  4. Anonymous said...

    Jai GuruDev Bhaiya!!
    this is so true!

  5. ... on September 7, 2008 at 10:47 AM  
  6. atmarati avirodhena said...

    wowww :):)

  7. ... on September 7, 2008 at 10:58 AM  
  8. Rintu said...

    Nirmama or not, YOU composed a song! Congratulations :-))

    Love,
    Rintu

  9. ... on September 7, 2008 at 3:20 PM  
  10. Unknown said...

    man that hit.... and was just wondering that our bangalore utsav was all of nirmama... allowing the divine and give a chance for the nature to play and be a witness to the magic that can happen....if only we give it a chance everytime...

  11. ... on September 8, 2008 at 3:40 PM  
  12. Ajay said...

    Hi Rashmin bhaiya

    Amazing...
    acha, can you tell me the name of cd that contains this song?

    Jai Gurudev
    'J'

  13. ... on September 8, 2008 at 3:59 PM  
  14. Abhi said...

    WOW!
    you are amazing!

  15. ... on September 9, 2008 at 8:12 PM  
  16. Unknown said...

    wow! you composed that bhajan ?
    oops! that beautiful bhajan happened through you...

    amazing!!!

    jai gurudev!!

  17. ... on September 11, 2008 at 12:28 PM  
  18. Anonymous said...

    So were you at the Ashram today when Guruji played this song on the Veena? Write to me if you need the complete video recording.:-)

    JGD
    Raj

  19. ... on October 7, 2008 at 12:27 AM