Desire is the root cause of sorrow. So said Gautam Buddha. So what do I do with it? How do I deal with the unceasing flow of desires in my mind. Just one silly insignificant desire can cloud your intellect, infuse your whole body mind complex with feverishness and kill your peace of mind.

Of Course there are many solutions. One of my favourite one is "Remembering the sauda (deal)". Once Guruji said,"Just think of it as a deal. You do my work I will do your work". As I keep doing His work it is amazing to watch how HE does my work.

Now the question is does he fulfill all your desires and the answer is NO. Once someone asked Him do you give us whatever we ask for? He said ," NO. Sometimes I give you something even better." So as you are doing his work if the desire still stays unfulfilled just have this faith that either its not good for you or the time is not ripe and better still He is planning to give you something much better.

One who has this faith is relaxed and happy.

JaiGurudev


This entry was posted on 11:09 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

16 comments:

    Amrita Sinha said...

    Wonderful post!! I have been visiting your site and really you are a very good writer!! please write more like this one and about your experiences,very good blog!!
    Jaya Gurudev!!

  1. ... on March 22, 2009 at 1:28 PM  
  2. Random Reflections said...

    Jai Guru Dev Bhaiyya ! Amazing post about desires...fuels action into seva....

    JGD

  3. ... on March 22, 2009 at 6:10 PM  
  4. Anonymous said...

    O.. wow!!!

  5. ... on March 22, 2009 at 7:18 PM  
  6. jimmypian said...

    Thank you for keeping up your blog.
    It does make a difference..

  7. ... on March 22, 2009 at 9:23 PM  
  8. Jitesh Vaswani said...

    nice one bhaia...

  9. ... on March 22, 2009 at 9:38 PM  
  10. ananya said...

    very nice post...:)

  11. ... on March 23, 2009 at 1:43 AM  
  12. atmarati avirodhena said...

    waah !

    jaigurudev!!

  13. ... on March 23, 2009 at 8:07 AM  
  14. Anonymous said...

    Thank you so much Bhaiyyya..I felt the post was esply for me as for the past few days..i was some how questioning Guruji's decision with me..I was wondering why did guruji do this to me..and heres the answer..thanks, JGD

  15. ... on March 23, 2009 at 10:26 AM  
  16. Santhu said...

    nice one bayya really io came out of my doubts :-)

    love
    santhu

  17. ... on March 23, 2009 at 11:51 AM  
  18. Mandakini Singh said...

    so true! :)

  19. ... on March 23, 2009 at 5:04 PM  
  20. Anonymous said...

    I remember someone telling me once that one has to first grow wise enough to know what to ask Him. At this level, you don't often understand what is good for you.

  21. ... on March 23, 2009 at 5:08 PM  
  22. Madhuri Kaushik said...

    he does my work much better than I can do myself, so its better I do his work (no better work than his anyway), I wonder why he's okay with such an unfair swap.

  23. ... on March 24, 2009 at 12:38 PM  
  24. nands said...

    Really a nice one. :)
    Jai Guru Dev.

  25. ... on March 25, 2009 at 12:55 PM  
  26. vandy said...

    hi..rashmin
    nice one....
    just what i needed to hear...altho these days i havent been doing "HIS" work.....
    hope to see you soon
    love
    vandy

  27. ... on March 28, 2009 at 10:44 PM  
  28. Unknown said...

    very inspiring....
    problem starts when u r in a situation and your desire is not getting fullfilled.... from third persons view one can say this...when u say it at the moment your desire is fullfilled it sounds lame.... it only sounds lame but otherwise it is deep

  29. ... on March 30, 2009 at 5:01 PM  
  30. Vijay said...

    Wah. Jai guru dev.

  31. ... on April 11, 2009 at 3:59 PM