Q: I find that I fall in love again and again! Earlier I would fall for the talented, the beautiful and the great but now after joining the spiritual path I find I can fall for anybody - the really humble, the ordinary and the not so perfect. What I mean is that suddenly out of the blue I start loving somebody completely as they are and with all the symptoms of typical romantic love. All flavours of love that I feel towards people are fine except where romantic love is involved. My question is should this love be expressed or ignored? If I ignore it I may be depriving the other person of a wonderful experience and even perhaps an opportunity to try this path. I may be killing the love itself and is that OK? If I express it, it may mislead the person - because I know that it will change quite soon :) What's to be done with this love ?

A: First of all you cannot Kill Love. Its not possible. If you can kill then its no love at all. What can I do for you is love, the rest is just chemical imbalance. Just relax, wait and let it pass and what remains is Love. Remember that love is bliss its only the craving to possess that gives us pain. There is fine distinction between love and craving for pleasure. Only the luckiest will understand. So all these romantic flavours of love, if happening with almost everyone need to be laughed at and better still ignored. You are not here for momentary pleasure you are here to realise you are pleasure. For that you need to engage yourself in seva, sadhna and satsang. Do not fool yourself thinking that you may be depriving someone else of a wonderful experience. Everyone is already taken care of, including you.

JaiGurudev


This entry was posted on 11:55 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

7 comments:

    Unknown said...

    "what can i do for you" is love... the rest is chemical imbalance :-)

    such profoundness with simplicity and a tinge of humor...

    hehe thanks for sharing :-)

    jai gurudeva
    love
    manish

  1. ... on March 12, 2009 at 2:12 PM  
  2. Ayurveda Basket said...

    wow cool answer....

  3. ... on March 12, 2009 at 4:05 PM  
  4. Puneeth Raj said...

    very precise. Much needed knowledge for me.
    JGD

  5. ... on March 12, 2009 at 5:34 PM  
  6. Anonymous said...

    "Do not fool yourself thinking that you may be depriving someone else of a wonderful experience. Everyone is already taken care of, including you."
    please can u elaborate on this sir?

  7. ... on March 12, 2009 at 7:29 PM  
  8. atmarati avirodhena said...

    wow so simple :)

    "What can I do for you is love, the rest is just chemical imbalance. Just relax, wait and let it pass and what remains is Love."

    jaigurudev :)

  9. ... on March 13, 2009 at 10:09 AM  
  10. nizam said...

    such a nice reply... too gud

  11. ... on April 2, 2009 at 4:46 PM  
  12. Anonymous said...

    It was rather interesting for me to read that post. Thanx for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more soon.

  13. ... on November 20, 2009 at 11:18 AM