Beyond the heaven is my abode
come to me, come to me

Have you read this before? This poetry is by Guruji. I thought I will put it on my blog but not the whole of it, just bit by bit. Every single line of this poem says " everything ".Once I heard a journalist asking Guruji, what is the uniqueness of the Art of Living and Guruji promptly replied "Simplicity and depth".

This poem is one of the best example of how Guruji can convey the essence of all the scriptures and all the knowledge put together in just such simple words. The first two lines are so simple and so direct. I just love it.

Its the craving for heaven that stops us and takes us away. A nice thing to understand here is that the Guru shakti is not in the opposite direction. It is "beyond" the heaven. When we see our cravings as opposing to divinity a sort of a never ending struggle starts and we lose our naturalness. Every desire is nothing but a promise of heaven But GUruji wants us to understand that what is really worth having in life exist beyond the heaven. As one starts understanding this the feverishnesses and the intensity of the craving immediately subsides and peace dawns.

A craving comes up and then we can say " oh this is fine but I am passionate about something that is much more beautiful and much more long lasting than this momentary heaven. I want to experience the source of this pleasure."

Here the fight ends and the journey begins. I remember another beautiful thing said by Guruji in one of the knowledge sheets related to this. He says " Pierce the glittering sheath of this world and know that you are the SUN"!

JAiGurudev
Rashmin


This entry was posted on 3:50 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

9 comments:

    Faith Lasts said...

    Jai Gurudev
    **" oh this is fine but I am passionate about something that is much more beautiful and much more long lasting than this momentary heaven. I want to experience the source of this pleasure."

    Ditto today morning..same thing I thought,,,
    I even thought a poem was about to come to me !!

    I mean I did sahej...lied down and fell asleep for 4 hours and still the same thought of craving/aversion prevailed even before I opened my eyes from sleep...

    I surrendered

    Then ,did Kriya and while lying down realised--- The attraction in the attractive is Krishna...and He dissapears when you think you caught him
    So every cell of the being said..Enough of this let me experience the Ultimate now...

    Had a wonderful day
    :D

  1. ... on April 23, 2009 at 9:15 PM  
  2. Basit said...

    Wow Rashmin, A beauuuutiful one...So so deep and yet so simple....

  3. ... on April 24, 2009 at 2:01 AM  
  4. atmarati avirodhena said...

    " oh this is fine but I am passionate about something that is much more beautiful and much more long lasting than this momentary heaven. I want to experience the source of this pleasure."

    beautiful :)

    thank you :) jai gurudev !

  5. ... on April 24, 2009 at 7:49 AM  
  6. deepa said...

    so so simple..yet so so real....
    guruji ..tussi great ho...

    jai gurudev!!!

  7. ... on April 24, 2009 at 10:53 AM  
  8. Anonymous said...

    Wowwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  9. ... on April 24, 2009 at 12:02 PM  
  10. WONDERLA said...

    Simply WOW!!

  11. ... on April 24, 2009 at 6:38 PM  
  12. Puneeth Raj said...

    A different perspective to look at. Words as such don't make sense it's the feeling and meaning that they are supposed to convey that matters. Thank you for giving me this wonderful insight.

  13. ... on April 24, 2009 at 10:09 PM  
  14. Unknown said...

    so true.. :-)

  15. ... on April 25, 2009 at 9:21 AM  
  16. ananya said...

    ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!!!!

  17. ... on May 24, 2009 at 1:10 AM